Restored 1967 Camaro RS / SS A Sedan vintage road racing car. A race car since 1970. Eligible world wide in vintage racing. The car has been a 3 year project to restore and clone a dear friend's original '67 Camaro Trans Am car. It is restored to Trans Am period correct specification, subframe updated to Guldstrand 1974 specs, otherwise identical to the Vintage Trans Am cars running today in North America. The restoration involved a full disassembly and build as new with restored original parts and new upgraded GM parts. Only the best was installed. The car is built per the chronicles of the Mark Donahue book "Unfair Advantage". The car has many spares including all original body panels and has been resprayed a race quality (no clearcoat - easy touch up) factory colour code Ermine White. Every part is heavy duty, race ready, all new best bits!
Included are manuals, spare parts and reference materials.
NOTE: This car is easily restorable to original street Muscle car or Restomod. Have all original parts except passenger and rear seat. All decals easily removed / replaced.
* Roll Cage to current SCCA rules extends through firewall into engine bay, throughout
cabin (with mid point side jacking tabs) tying in front subframe and both ends of rear
suspension. A very stiff, predictable chassis.
* Engine is a low hour period 5.3 litre "327" block. 11:1 compression destroked to series
max 5 litre / 305 cu.in. All highest quality forged race parts. Slant plug heads, Roller
* Ignition is Mallory 6AL with rev limiter mounted in glove box. Electronic ignition
distributor, Mallory 8mm race wires and Champion race tip plugs.
* All wiring is custom, labeled and period correct style excepting use of mini fuse block.
Coil is high voltage Mallory race within driver's reach and high torque starter with heat
* Remote mounted 12V battery with safety switch and isolator mounted behind
removable period correct original race shell style passenger seat.
* Lubrication is a Kevko 7 quart baffled road race oil pan with 4 row remote oil cooler,
TRACO remote oil filter and 3 quart accumulator. All braided Aeroquip lines & fittings.
* Transmission is period correct Borg Warner Super T-10 close ratio 32 spline 4 speed
with Hurst Competition shifter. SFI rated flex plate and triple disc 5.5 inch Quartermaster " Button" clutch. Lakewood scatter shield. Solid engine & transmission mounts. New
heavy duty race driveshaft and universal
joints. Grade 8 chassis, brake & suspension mounts.
* Rear Axle is a GM 12 bolt based professionally race assembled Moser limited slip,
4.56 ratio. Optional ratios available. Axles are quick change keeper style - no need
* Brakes are period correct C3 Corvette J56 4 pot caliper / 11.5" ventilated disc front and
rear. New Hawk weight rated compound race G.505 pads.
* Cooling is by 4 row custom C&R aluminum race radiator (constructors of F1
radiators). No need for fans due to their patented foil style cooling tubes! Has never
* Intake is a high rise single plane 3600 - 8000 RPM intake manifold with race prepped
Holley racing 650 CFM carburetor. Custom aluminum cold air cowl plenum & race air
* Adjustable Global West / GM heavy duty front suspension with quick steer link, 800
lb.race coil springs & adjustable bump steer, Koni adjustable top hung race shocks.
* Rear multi leaf custom flat race springs by Global West. No need for a Watts Link or
traction bars. Staggered adjustable top hung Koni race shocks.
* Three sets wheels, 2 period correct including GM Rallye and American Racing
Torque Thrust, all 15" x 8" - 4" back spacing - GM 4.75" bolt pattern. 1/2" x 3" threaded
* Exhaust is 4" modular, 4 into 1 collector to side exit tips incorporating Hooker
Competition 1.75" ceramic coated headers and 98 DB race mufflers.
* Original ATL 22 gallon Fuel Cell with new race foam. 112 Octane race fuel. Double
filters, Holley Blue electric fuel pump and adjustable PSI electric pressure regulator.
* Instruments are period correct Stewart Warner analog with Auto Meter telltale electronic
. Stewart Warner speedometer in MPH not connected. Custom instrument / switch panels
in original dash
Spare original instruments & factory wiring harness.
* On board fire system.
* Adjustable brake bias
* Removable Momo steering wheel.
* Lap timer.
* Race mirrors
* Full support race seat.
* 6 point Harness Belts.
* Window Net
|Vehicle Location:||Portland, OR, USA|